Posted to uk.d-i-y
HLAH HLAH is offline

Default B&Q Wind turbines

"Tony Bryer" wrote in message
On Tue, 07 Nov 2006 12:25:02 GMT DMac wrote :
Travelling around hospitals for work it has come to my notice that
there have been big increases in parking charges over the last year,
usually accompanied by new ticket machines and exit barrier systems.

Typically it might have gone up from a flat fee of £1.00 per stay to
£2.50 for up to 4 hours. A 500% increase.

don't you just love rip-off Britain...

Given the limited parking at our local hospitals, I would suggest it's
more rationing by price.

--

Our local hospital has limited parking space. We often found the car park
nearest the neo-natal unit full and had to park the other side of the rather

This even though the hospital was built on an isolated greenfields site and
is surrounded by space. During the planning stage the local authority
deliberately forced the consortium to provide less spaces than the projected
need "to encourage the use of public transport" Unfortunately our county is
a rural one with a poor public transport network so you can guess the
outcome of that marvellous policy.