Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mary Fisher Mary Fisher is offline

Default B&Q Wind turbines

"DMac" wrote in message
. uk...
Travelling around hospitals for work it has come to my notice that
there have been big increases in parking charges over the last year,
usually accompanied by new ticket machines and exit barrier systems.

Typically it might have gone up from a flat fee of £1.00 per stay to
£2.50 for up to 4 hours. A 500% increase.

don't you just love rip-off Britain...

If you don't like it ... :-)

2006 has been The Year of the Hospitals for us and we've used seven
different hospital dedicated car parks during consultations, examinations,
fittings, ay and long term surgery and visiting. They've all had different
pay structures, some were long term, some short. None was run by the
hospital and none of the hospitals benefitted from the charges. I was happy
to pay far more than £4 for a five hour stay, in fact I'm happy to pay for
hospital car parking whatever it is.

It's a privilege to have a car, we pay for associated privileges. If we
don't like it we can use public transport or mini-cabs, someone said it
wouldn't be any more expensive :-)

Mary