Posted to uk.d-i-y
rookie rookie is offline

Default testing bathroom supplementary equi-potential bonding

Hi

I've done a search of the archives but can't find an answer to the
following question:

I totally refitted my bathroom a few months ago, but was unaware at the
time of the requirement for supplementary bonding. Now I'm aware of it
I'd like to make sure that I have it and it functions correctly.

I suspect that the original bathroom had the bonding as the house was
built in the 70s, and as I understand the wiring regs bonding was a
requirement at this time. I'd therefore like to make use of this
bonding if present (with additions for a new shower pump) to avoid
having to do any destructive work. However, if it is present it is
largely under the floor boards, under my laid flooring, and thus I
can't easily check for it by eye. I'd therefore appreciate any input on
how I might go about testing for it using a basic multimeter on the
exposed pipework, lights etc.

Thanks in advance
-Neil