Posted to rec.woodworking
foggytown foggytown is offline

Default Are we this lazy?

Joe Bemier wrote:
On Mon, 06 Nov 2006 19:05:33 GMT, Pat Barber
wrote:

I still do not understand those guys at JDS...

They could up their volume by thousands if they
would price that stupid Multi-router more in line
with what you get.

Trying to hit a home run with every single sale is
just plain dumb. I can not imagine how many they would
sell with a lower price point.

Well, unless they're a bunch of shmucks (doubtful) they have probably
run those calculations. I don't know much about the company but it
could be shop based. Lower the price and up the volume and they would
be facing production of a different scale. Since these machines are
not mass market -like IPods or cell phones- it might not make sense
from a logistical or financial perspective.

I've decided to wait until the 110 volt version comes out. Unless of
course they enhance the "cordlessness" in a new version that has a
little 1/20 hp Briggs & Stratton engine attached.

FoggyTown