Posted to rec.woodworking
Steve Steve is offline

Default Trend Air Shield

Hmmm, you've certainly given me a great idea. It would probably work
quite well with nickel metal hydride rechargeables. Are you using NMH
batteries or nickel cadmium?

Steve

I've had my Trend Airshield now for about 2 years and agree with all
your sentiments. Unfortunately it was the only model available for me
at the time. However, I bought myself 3 AA size rechargable batteries
and the right size phone jack (2 of these) and made up an additional
battery pack. It fits neatly into the battery space.

As additional back-up I have a battery pack using 3 standard AA
batteries in a little box made from 3mm MDF, fitted the right in serie
connections and wear this in my pocket, with the cable with phone jack
over my back (underneath my shirt to keep it out of the way) into the
helmet. The lid of the battery box is kept in place with a rubber band.
Running both the battery packs (standard & rechargable) I get a full
day's work out of the airshield (while the other pack is on charge for
the next day)

Hope this helps
Eric