Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Rechargeable Batteries

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
Chris Hodges wrote:
LiIons on laptops which are normally plugged in often suffer - my Compaq
now has about 20 minutes life from a nominal 2 hour battery. Toshibas
don't seem so bad though. This isn't technically memory effect, but it
might as well be to most users.

I'm not overly impressed with the life of LiIon under some conditions,
although this may be down to the charger. They have their uses where the
small size/high capacity is vital, but don't like deep discharge as a
regular thing.

Yes. Or rather, no they certainly don't.

Failing capacity is a sure sign of interior damage.

I have to say that they seem to be getting better though.