Posted to misc.consumers.house
[email protected] mobe@webtv.net is offline

Default Process for buying a house - Texas

I'm thinking of buying a house in Houston, Texas. Questions are
popping up:

1) One of the staff at the realtor who's selling this
particular house volunteered to represent me "vs"
the selling Realtor. Is this normally done?

2) Is it the usual thing to get a lawyer to represent
me in the home-buying process, or just a Realtor? If so,
where's the best place to go for a recommendation on a
lawyer (since I don't know anyone who can recommend one)?

3) Is there a place on the Net to go for a good primer on this
process (particularly in Texas)?