Posted to alt.home.repair
Harry K Harry K is offline

Default Amateur Drywall Hanging

johnnymo wrote:
Hello -

I am going to attempt to finish up my remodeling project with some
drywall hanging. I have never done this before and wanted to try and
knock it out myself before bringing in the professionals to finish it
off. I have been reading up on the subject matter and have gathered a
few tips, but there is one I didn't see alot on.

Should I drywall my bathrooms with the green board instead? Is it worth
it? And should I always do the ceiling first?

Tips:
- Most likely hanging horizontally
- Hang top piece first
- Using screws
- Start at the doors.

Anything else?

Thanks for the suggestions.

Others have pretty well covered your questions.

One thing that I am repeatedly reminded myself how dumb I was that I
didn't do it:

Take a picture of the bare framing and wiring (all 4 walls and ceiling)
before covering. It is amazing how often since I did my whole house
rehab that I have needed to locate a stud and couldn't remember where
the 16" spacing started or just where the wiring ran.

Harry K