Posted to alt.home.repair
Jakey Jakey is offline

Default Is there a machinist in the house

See if you can find the metal screw clips that were used on metal
screen/storm doors. They had knurled screws which are sufficient for keeping
tension on the glass. The newer ones are plastic and don't have screws. Try
a good hardware or a storm door installer. You could "antique" the clips
with hobby paint from a hobby shop or craft department.
If the fixture is in poor shape, consider replacement. They make some
attractive gas fixtures. Your gas company may offer some. Just call them to
find out.

"Terry" wrote in message
I have a gas light that illuminates my driveway. The clips that hold
the glass in the lamp have rusted. The head of the screw has a 3/16
hex head.

I am looking for some clips to replace them. The base for the screws
stick out farther than the glass so the clips have to be offset in to
hold the glass. The existing clips were a very thin metal. The
fixture has ridges that are shaped like the glass to hold most of the
glass. The clips are just to keep pressure on the glass.

Any suggestions on what to use?

They don't make this fixture anymore and the gas company has no idea
where/how to get replacements.

http://i11.tinypic.com/47dr4f6.jpg

The fixtures are weathered. My health has been bad.