Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

Default Is there a machinist in the house

Terry wrote:
I have a gas light that illuminates my driveway. The clips that hold
the glass in the lamp have rusted. The head of the screw has a 3/16
hex head.

snip

I am looking for some clips to replace them. The base for the screws
stick out farther than the glass so the clips have to be offset in to
hold the glass. The existing clips were a very thin metal. The
fixture has ridges that are shaped like the glass to hold most of the
glass. The clips are just to keep pressure on the glass.

Any suggestions on what to use?

Remove the clips and screws and discard them. Remove the glass and
clean thoroughly. Clean the frame and wire brush if needed to remove
corrosion and grime. Apply silicone sealant to the frame, press the
glass in place and masking tape it securely until the silicone sets up.
Remove masking tape and clean away excess silicone with razor blade or
whatever. Repair should now be good for another forty years or so. HTH

Joe