Posted to alt.home.repair
albee albee is offline

Default Paint roller Nap; primer vs. paint

A couple questions, if I could:

-Just primed our bathroom walls, which included some areas where I
patched the drywall. In those places, the primer went on very smooth,
with no noticeable texture, as one normally sees (simply resulting
from the roller nap after painting). Is that because our rollers are
smoother than normal, or does primer go on thinner and hence create
less texture? So, should I re-prime with a "coarser" nap roller, or
when I do the paint will it likely match the rest?

-Can one "spot-prime" areas without a problem. The primer can cautions
against it, saying that it will create uneven colors. Is that just a
sales ploy, or does it depend on the darkness of the eventual color
(primer is white)? The bathroom we ended up priming the whole thing,
but in the future any thought on if it's necessary?

Thanks!