Posted to rec.woodworking
Allen Roy Allen Roy is offline

Default Are we this lazy?

"RayV" wrote in message
ups.com...
I guess the market will decide but is this a product that is really
needed?
http://www.blackanddecker.com/Produc...roductID=15251

If you actually look at this photo

http://www.blackanddecker.com//Produ.../ACC100_A1.gif

The wood looks like it first was cut on a TS. Then the guy looks to be
strugling to cut a piece of pine with a hand saw. There must be a magical
pencil line as I can't see one or he wants to cut it at a random angle. How
did our fore fathers manage to cut all of that wood for houses, barns,
sheds, etc. without this miracle invention.

Then if you look at this photo

http://www.blackanddecker.com//Produ.../ACC100_A2.gif

You see that she must have one of the most powerful dust collectors out
there as there is zero dust on the clamp, work piece, bench, hands, or
sandpaper. And just imagine that it is made by B&D. Who would have thought.

Last looking at this photo and comparing it to the one above.

http://www.blackanddecker.com//Produ.../ACC100_A3.gif

You see in the background that there is a power sander sitting on the
workbench. Also I would love some of that non clogging sand paper she has. I
would never have to explain to SWMBO that yes I do have to buy more and no
it doesn't last forever.

Allen