Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman Swingman is offline

Default Are we this lazy?

"Joe Bemier" wrote in message

Well, unless they're a bunch of shmucks (doubtful) they have probably
run those calculations. I don't know much about the company but it
could be shop based. Lower the price and up the volume and they would
be facing production of a different scale. Since these machines are
not mass market -like IPods or cell phones- it might not make sense
from a logistical or financial perspective.

I'm sure it doesn't. The Multi-Router is of a quality that you rarely see
any longer in this country and I'm surprised they don't cost more. You
really have to take a close look at one, and put it through it's paces, to
appreciate the mix of engineering, accuracy and robustness that is inherent
in the beast ... makes the words "fit and finish" too paltry to describe it.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/29/06