Posted to rec.woodworking
tom tom is offline

Default How to murder people with wood?

I remembered that wording "from all enemies, foreign and domestic" from
the oath of enlistment. Tom
tom wrote:
wrote:
tom wrote:
Prometheus for president! Even more seriously, though, well spoken.
"Preserve, protect and defend the constitution from all enemies,
foreign and domestic". Tom

sycophant (n)
sycophant

syc·o·phant [sÃ*kÉ™fÉ™nt, sÃ*kÉ™ fÃ*nt, sï?‹kÉ™fÉ™nt, sï?‹kÉ™fÃ*nt]

toady, flatterer, bootlicker, brownnoser, minion, yes man Ahh, Mr. Shinola9. I misspoke, and added the words "from all enemies, foreign and domestic". I don't know why, but I thought those words were in the oath of office. You know, the oath taken by our elected officials at their inauguration in regards to their duties to the American people. I firmly believe that if you rely too heavily on government for your general protection and welfare, you will come to depend upon it. "I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States."

--Presidential oath of office, Article II, Section 1, United States
Constitution
This is all I would ask of any governing entity. No more, and no less.
Tom