Posted to alt.home.repair
The Reverend Natural Light The Reverend Natural Light is offline

Default Amateur Drywall Hanging

I recommend doing-it-yourself in every case EXCEPT drywall. I've seen
others hire that step out and end up spending just a little more than I
did drywalling my own basement and it was the most difficult step of
the entire project. Never again!

It's probably too late for my tip, but when framing be absolutely
certain where the drywall sheets will start and stop. Also, think
about any potential future wiring needs - not just there, but other
rooms as well. I added cable TV and ethernet to the existing 1st floor
before sealing up the basement ceiling. There'll never be another
chance for that.

-rev

johnnymo wrote:
Hello -

I am going to attempt to finish up my remodeling project with some
drywall hanging. I have never done this before and wanted to try and
knock it out myself before bringing in the professionals to finish it
off. I have been reading up on the subject matter and have gathered a
few tips, but there is one I didn't see alot on.

Should I drywall my bathrooms with the green board instead? Is it worth
it? And should I always do the ceiling first?

Tips:
- Most likely hanging horizontally
- Hang top piece first
- Using screws