Posted to alt.home.repair
Stubby Stubby is offline

Default Amateur Drywall Hanging

I have hung drywall, taped, sanded, etc many times in my life. Then
one day I decided to call a contractor in to do my family room. That
was the best money I ever spent. They came in the morning and left at
dinner time with the whole room done, including the skim coat of finish
plaster. $600 as I recall. No mess, no breathing plaster dust, no
cursing because I don't own a power mixer, no not knowing some of the
tricks like flipping a wet paint brush at the joint with the ceiling,
one and one. Spend some money and get the job done right.

johnnymo wrote:
Hello -

I am going to attempt to finish up my remodeling project with some
drywall hanging. I have never done this before and wanted to try and
knock it out myself before bringing in the professionals to finish it
off. I have been reading up on the subject matter and have gathered a
few tips, but there is one I didn't see alot on.

Should I drywall my bathrooms with the green board instead? Is it worth
it? And should I always do the ceiling first?

Tips:
- Most likely hanging horizontally
- Hang top piece first
- Using screws