Posted to alt.home.repair
Pete C. Pete C. is offline

Default dam around sump pit

Mark wrote:

If the water is filling faster than you can bail, your
pump probably wouldn't keep up either and you have other problems.

that is NOT true...

my pump easily keeps up, but when the power goes out, its a run up a
flight of stairs and out the door with a bucket full of water every few
minutes,,, its not that easy to do for hours at a time...

after doing that twice, I got a big inverter and a car battery for
short term and a small generator for long term outages......... so now
since I am ready, I have never needed them...

BTW ..... DO NOT EVER run a generator indoors... EVER...

Mark

Bigger bucket. Good exercise. What else do you have to do in the dark
anyway?

Pete C.