Posted to alt.home.repair
Goedjn Goedjn is offline

Default Stepping off a ladder onto the roof

On Mon, 06 Nov 2006 03:54:34 GMT, "Toller" wrote:

"Eigenvector" wrote in message
I know the basic safety of ladder use. It's easy to get to the roof, but
here is where my fear of heights and mechanics get in the way.

How to step off the ladder onto the roof and then how to get back onto the
ladder without knocking it off the eaves?

Beats the hell out of me. I tried to go up on my roof to fix a piece of
trim that had come loose, but I couldn't do it. I simply couldn't get my
foot to go up on the roof. I had to ask a friend to do it. When he did he
disturbed some bees that were nesting under the molding; so there he is
running across the roof flailing his arms around, and I can't even get up
there. I felt so so, well I'm sure you know how I felt.

Mind you, I have climbed 1,000' cliffs in Yosemite, and been sky diving and
hang gliding; but I can't go up on my roof.

Good luck; if you figure something out, let me know.

Cut a hole in the roof, and install an openable skylight,
and then mount one of those folding attic stairs.