Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall Andy Hall is offline

Default B&Q Wind turbines

On 2006-11-06 09:29:16 +0000, "Dave Liquorice" said:

On Mon, 06 Nov 2006 09:00:38 +0000, mogga wrote:

... almost as bad as having to go to a main post office to buy a car licence.

Can't you do that online yet?

You can now, but if you want your local PO to survive I wouldn't recomend it.

Doesn't make a difference. The local one is a sub post office and for
whatever reason not authorised to issue car licences. I have no idea
why - bureaucratic nonsense because it's not difficult.

So the option is then to visit the main post office in the town,
necessitating finding and paying for somewhere to park and then having
to queue for 20mins. I detest all aspects of that, so if there is an
on line option, that will be the next solution. The only other thing
I use the Post Office to do is to send a few items by Special Delivery
each month. That could be replaced by Interlink or someone like
that.