Posted to uk.rec.cars.maintenance,uk.rec.cars.modifications,uk.rec.cars.misc,uk.d-i-y
Tom De Moor Tom De Moor is offline

Default How useful for car work is flexible extension on socket drive?

In article ,
says...

Some of us are more capable of gorilla tool abuse than others. I've
snapped several 3/8" ratchets and extension bars - even a nice Facom
one.

Aye but you don't tell the complete story. You had a pipe as extra lever and
when the bolt refused to release, you had to put your total weight on it.

You didn't? I certainly did. Never went back for a refund or free remplacement
of the broken socket.

Never... on the exception of the bloke at Snap-On which kept buggering me about
his life-time garanteed tools. They make it, we break it! Garanteed :-)

Tom De Moor