Posted to uk.rec.cars.maintenance,uk.rec.cars.modifications,uk.rec.cars.misc,uk.d-i-y
Tom De Moor Tom De Moor is offline

Default How useful for car work is flexible extension on socket drive?

In article ,
says...

"Guy King" wrote in message
The message
from "Fraser Johnston" contains these words:

Really decent work light

I'd go with that one, too. That and a couple of boxes each of latex and
vinyl disposable gloves.

I know many engineers use them, but personally I don't get on with them at
all.
I like to feel what I am doing. Means I might have to spend 15 mins
scrubbing my hands afterwards, but it suits me.
Also you get less messy on your own car, if you keep the engine and
mechanical parts relatively clean.
As far as flexible drives are concerned though, what I do find is useful, is
a flexible drive screwdriver with a fixed hex socket for Jubilee clips.
Mike.

I use those disposable latex/vinyl gloves a lot: on one side your hands stay
indeed more clean but -to me- more important : the number of small cuts and
brushes goes down a lot.

Oh yes: the manicurist doesn't get a heart attack when I enter ;-)

Don't laugh! I had to work for a "nail technican" lately. Went to his shop,
allready wondering what on earth somebody who sells nails needs a shop at
Brussels Avenue Louise (the most expensif lane in Brussels).

The bloke drive 911 turbo and has a herd (30 or so) of nice looking girls
fitting another sort of nails. Sometimes I like my job, sometimes I think there
were better ones ;-)

Tom De Moor