Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris Hodges Chris Hodges is offline

Default Rechargeable Batteries

Guy King wrote:
The message
from "Terry W." contains these words:

I've seen advertised charges that will recharge ordinary non-rechargeable
batteries. Are these any good ?

Since you can get 4xAA for £2 from Aldi (and they're OK - I've had loads
and never a dud or low-capacity) why bother?

I don't put stupidly cheap batteries in expensive kit in case they leak.
You can often get panansonics cheap and I've never had one leak on
me, Ikea's are Varta and again I've never had one leak. The "powercell"
pack I got aren't worth putting in anything but a cheap torch.

When the GPS or our previous digital camera had finished with a set of
alkalines there was a good month or so of life left for my cordless
mouse and they're pretty bright in a torch, so it's worth hanging on to
them.

btw some digital compacts, while they will work on NiMH/NiCad aren't as
good - slower recycle time especially (but not just) when using flash,
hardly any use per charge etc. Hopefully this shouldn't be as bad if
the camera has its own rechargeable and a charger though.

Chris

--
Spamtrap in use
To email replace 127.0.0.1 with btinternet dot com