Posted to rec.woodworking
Lee Michaels Lee Michaels is offline

Default Are we this lazy?

"RayV" wrote in message
ups.com...
I guess the market will decide but is this a product that is really
needed?
http://www.blackanddecker.com/Produc...roductID=15251

I suppose that this could be used for some kind of delicate, one hand
glueing operation, MAYBE.

What I thought was funny is that it used 4 AA batteries. How long does this
thing last with that anemic power source? You would think, being black and
decker and all, that they would have made it compatible with some of their
cheapy rechargable battery packs.

But no, they use the same batteries as my wall clock. Maybe they thought
nobody was actually going to USE this thing.

I also have to wonder if this thing can even clamp with very much pressure.
You probably have to hand tighten the thing when that little motor stops
pushing.

I think I can manage without it.