Posted to rec.woodworking
kenny kenny is offline

Default Should I lay folil between the old wooden floor and the new floor.

We're about to have a new floor fitted on the ground floor of our
house. I recently removed the floor covering of linoleum and chipboard
to reveal the original wooden floorboards. The new floor will be laid
on top of the old flooring but should we put either brown paper or foil
in between? The new floor will be oak 25mm thick, 20cm wide and lengths
of 4.5 mtr. Any other tips you could offer? house has a space of 0.5
mtr below the floor has adequate ventilation and dry.