Posted to uk.rec.cars.maintenance,uk.rec.cars.modifications,uk.rec.cars.misc,uk.d-i-y
Billy H Billy H is offline

Default How useful for car work is flexible extension on socket drive?

"Mike G" wrote in message

"Guy King" wrote in message
The message
from "Fraser Johnston" contains these words:

Really decent work light

I'd go with that one, too. That and a couple of boxes each of latex and
vinyl disposable gloves.

I know many engineers use them, but personally I don't get on with them at
all.
I like to feel what I am doing. Means I might have to spend 15 mins
scrubbing my hands afterwards, but it suits me.

If it's about hand cleaning then I've found the best way is to use a good
squeeze of fairy liquid with a good dose of washing powder as grit. As good
as swarfega every day of the week.

Oh yeah, and the fairy liquid makes the hands as soft as the face.

)

Also you get less messy on your own car, if you keep the engine and
mechanical parts relatively clean.
As far as flexible drives are concerned though, what I do find is useful,
is a flexible drive screwdriver with a fixed hex socket for Jubilee clips.
Mike.

--
Billy H