Posted to uk.d-i-y
Peter Crosland Peter Crosland is offline

Default Rechargeable Batteries

I suggest you go away and do some proper research before spouting
inaccuracies further Dave..

Peter Crosland

You need to be more specific. I have two chargers that are designed to
handle both Ni-Cad and NiMH - both of which may be left on
indefinitely.

But the OP is presumably using the one supplied with the camera so
that's a red herring.

As regards 'memory' with Ni-Cads I stick by my view. It was never a
problem in normal use.

The problem with, and always has been, with Ni-Cad cells is that they do
develope memory unless you discharge them fully and then recharge them. The
problem with them is that people seldom do this and indeed often leave them
on charge day after day.

And if you think recharging alkaline batteries worth the effort or
cost you're the one who needs to do some research.

Please point to the post where I said about alkaline cells.

--
Peter Crosland