Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Timer Plugs

In article ,
Glenn Clark wrote:
I need a bit of advise. We have 1 of these halogen heaters to warm up
our caravan if we go away during the winter months. I would like if
possible to put it on a timer plug. Now I know usually the plugs say
don't use with fan heater etc as they need to be supervised, this unit
is ok as it does not burn and will switch off if knocked over. Can I
use 1 of the timer plugs for it? the packet says

appliances that fall within the maximum safe and resistive loads-13amp
resistance, 2 amp inductive.

How do I know it falls with in this, as it does run off a 13amp plug.

Unless it has a motor of some type the load will be largely resistive.
However, I'd go for the sort of heater designed for long term unsupervised
use - an oil filled or tubular type.

--
*Why is it that most nudists are people you don't want to see naked?*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.