Posted to uk.d-i-y
Glenn Clark Glenn Clark is offline

Default Timer Plugs

Hi all

I need a bit of advise. We have 1 of these halogen heaters to warm up our
caravan if we go away during the winter months. I would like if possible to
put it on a timer plug. Now I know usually the plugs say don't use with fan
heater etc as they need to be supervised, this unit is ok as it does not
burn and will switch off if knocked over. Can I use 1 of the timer plugs for
it? the packet says

appliances that fall within the maximum safe and resistive loads-13amp
resistance, 2 amp inductive.

How do I know it falls with in this, as it does run off a 13amp plug.

Many thanks

Glenn