Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Furnace: electric ignition sparks but won't light gas.

"Sneaky Mandy" wrote in message
oups.com...
My furnace's electric ignition sparks continuously but won't light the
gas... unless I blow on it! Then, as soon as I blow on it, the gas
lights and the furnace works fine. However, this never lasts long.
Once the gas turns off, it's the same problem all over again. The
ignition sparks but won't light. It will ignite if I blow on it (was
just an accident that I blew on it but it worked.)

Thoughts, anyone? My landlord can't figure it out either.

Could be a clog in the orifice that feeds the gas to the igniter. Could be
low gas pressure. If a simple light brushing of the gas opening does not
fix the problem, call for service and have a pro look at it.