Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default Stepping off a ladder onto the roof

"Al Bundy" wrote in message
Oren wrote in
:

On Sun, 5 Nov 2006 17:30:01 -0500, "Charles Schuler"
wrote:

With an extension ladder, the top of the extension should be well
above the roof edge, so that you can comfortably swing your foot onto
the roof (your hips should be well above the roof edge).

With the ladder being well above the roof line; it gives me a sense of
security. I feel like I at least have something to hold on to for
that first step onto the roof.

Agree, but also can't help thinking that whatever weight I am putting on
it is towards the roof and above the fulcrum of the ladder on the roof
edge. The result is more kickout force at the foot :-)

Don't step on the ladder above the roof. Step on the first step down.
Having the ladder several feet above the roof means your hands can
hold it and stabilize it as you step.

Bob