Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] supercoffeefilters@gmail.com is offline

Default jennair W256 oven

I have managed to keep this oven going for 16 years! It has consumed
two touch pad panels and two digital "clock" controllers, a oven sensor
, seals and othe rmisc items. I wonder if this is typical it seems a
very expensive oven has ended up costing a lot in repairs. The cost of
the touch panels are over $200 and the "clock " is $170. I have done
all respirs myslef including resoldering the relay boards ( soldering
failed due to poor workmanship and heat cycles ). The touch pad failure
is due to the heating they get during normal use, I have thermally
insulated the last one and it has lasted 10 years! )
The actual failure is due to poor crossover in the panle and is not
field repairable.. if it was at all possible I would do it. )
Just FYI it would be possible to make a universal controll panel that
could fit most ovens and would only cost about $200 , it would keep
these going for many more years and save a lot of space in the dump.. !
Any interest let me know and I can do it!
I am looking for new oven 24" dual elelctric ... ideas anyone.