Posted to alt.home.repair
pc pc is offline

Default KitchenAid Superba Selectra 27 Oven - Dirty Door Glass

My 40 year old Gaffers and Sattler oven finally bit the weenie. The
top oven door fell off when I opened it -- sure glad I had a grip! Too
bad these guys are gone, nobody makes appliances like that any longer.

I received an excellent condition KitcheAid oven from a neighbor who's
doing a complete kitchen makeover.

It was in storage for a while, and the inside glass on both oven doors
is terribly dirty. I'd like to take the doors apart, but some of the
oven trim screws are located in such a way it leads me to believe that
the door comes off separately (you can't get to them with the door on.)
I can't take the door apart while it's on the oven with the trim in
place. Kind of a catch-22.

I've fooled and fooled with it, but no luck.

Suggestions?

thanks.

pc