Posted to uk.rec.cars.maintenance,uk.rec.cars.modifications,uk.rec.cars.misc,uk.d-i-y
HLAH HLAH is offline

Default How useful for car work is flexible extension on socket drive?

"Tom Burton" wrote in message

Flexible adaptors appear in many socket sets / screwdriver sets and
they're almost all the same except the 'Snake' driver. Your money would
be
better spent on a decent screwdriver set containing a flexible adaptor
such as this: http://lamats.co.uk/acatalog/JCB_60pc_Screwdrivers.html
Those I have are not particularly flexible and as others have said they
don't provide much torque (tightening power).

We sell the JCB range of tools at work and IMHO they're chocolate.

I bought a set of JCB screwdrivers from Amazon because they were cheap, and
they are just that. Not terrible and about 100 times better than cheap
screwdrivers that you used to get, but really not well finished or top
quality materials.

You might laugh but the Lidls sets I have bought are a couple of notches up
the quality ladder and are quite nice tools to use.