Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Exterior water spigot broken

MiamiCuse wrote:
What is wrong with people handling garden hoses?

I don't understand why they kept breaking it.

Except this time the problem was not the plastic coupler on the hose, I
replaced that already and it is still leaking. Here is an image:

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2005-...6/P1000492.JPG

I have indicated in blue lines where the water is jetting out when I turn on
the spigot. It is not the black coupler attached to the hose. It is the
metal coupler above it. However I tried removing it with a plier, ,,,

Pipe wrench. Pliers are for easy stuff. If still stout (but doubt
it), a little heat would undoubtedly do wonders.

Can't say why they're breaking it, would have to see what they're
actually doing. Looks like one of those "quick disconnect" thingies, I
gather? If so, quite possibly they don't have a clue has to how it is
supposed to work and if you expect/need others to use it, would be
better off simply leaving it as a ordinary spigot.

And, of course, a good quality brass-fittings hose would probably be
more rugged.