Posted to alt.home.repair
Tom The Great Tom The Great is offline

Default Stupid question on dehumidifiers

On 5 Nov 2006 07:33:22 -0800, "kirkski"
wrote:

Hi All,

I've got what seems a really stupid question. I've just purchased a De
Longhi DCN60 dehumidifier for my basement, but there's nothing in the
user guide on best practices in terms of usage. Do i leave the
dehumidifier permanently on? Do i leave it on for a few days a week? Do

i leave it on for a couple of hours a week?

Thanks,

Steve.

imho:

No very good question. This is what I was told.

50% relative no real mold problems due to humity.
50%-60% possible mold issues based on temp.
60% + Mold is a strong possiblity.

So mine is set for 50%. During the winter, I think you can adjust
that up due to temps, but then you need to find out for yourself.
I'm not a mold expert, just a parinoid home owner.

later,

tom @ www.NoCostAds.com