Posted to uk.rec.cars.maintenance,uk.rec.cars.modifications,uk.rec.cars.misc,uk.d-i-y
Phil L Phil L is offline

Default How useful for car work is flexible extension on socket drive?

Susan P wrote:
I am looking for Xmas presents for someone who often has to fix his
car.

How useful for car work would one of these flexible extensions be?

Snake Driver Set
http://snipurl.com/11a9r

Maplin Flexible Ratchet Driver Set
http://snipurl.com/11a9z

Maplin Flexible Adaptor
http://snipurl.com/11aa7

I've never used a flexible extension even though I've had one for
decades...I've often wished for a magnetic reach:
http://www.coleparmer.com/catalog/pr...sp?sku=0991436
usually when nuts / bolts / whatever fall down a tight gap and create even
more work getting them back than the job in hand.
Illumination is also a good idea, flexible lamps and such likes