Posted to alt.home.repair
jerryl jerryl is offline

Default Stupid question on dehumidifiers

"kirkski" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi All,

I've got what seems a really stupid question. I've just purchased a De
Longhi DCN60 dehumidifier for my basement, but there's nothing in the
user guide on best practices in terms of usage. Do i leave the
dehumidifier permanently on? Do i leave it on for a few days a week? Do

i leave it on for a couple of hours a week?

Thanks,

Steve.

Remember, a dehumidifier has a compressor in it similar to an air
conditioner. If running constantly not only will you run up a tremendous
electric bill but the coils will freeze up. Set the thermostat to a mid
position and go from there. If you need more dehumifying turn it up a little
at a time till you're satisfied. When I had a basement I started it at a
lower point and raised it slightly till I had the humidity level where I
wanted it.