Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.brewing
Mark R Mark R is offline

Default Freezer life when used as beer cooler

"Bob F" wrote in message news:OJednZv-

I'm thinking I will add a timer so that it can only turn on once an hour

or
so
to reduce the short cycle problem. I'm not sure by what mechanism it
would cause harm, but it seems like short cycleing is the most likely

cause
of problems, since the actual run time should be minimal.

If you have the right controller you should be able to set a temperature
spread. Set the spread a little wider, instead of 2-3 degrees make it 4-5
degrees. The compressor will run fewer times a day for longer periods,
better for the compressor.

Mark R