Posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.repair
DaveC DaveC is offline

Default Installing pre-hung door with trim

Bought pre-hung door with frame (obviously) and trim already installed.

The only way I can see to install this door is to remove the trim from both
sides and, after installing the door and frame, reinstalling the trim.

Is this correct? If so, what reason is there for installing the trim onto the
frame?

I need to install the shims on all sides of the frame, so I can't see how to
install the shims with only one side of the trim removed...

Ideas?

Thanks,
--
DaveC