Posted to alt.home.repair
MRS. CLEAN MRS. CLEAN is offline

Default Is everything around $400 these days?

I was quoted $400 to install my oven, cooktop, and dishwasher (4 hours
of work).

Then, I was quoted $400 to prune my tree in the front yard which
includes hauling away like that matters. I already pay the city in my
monthly bill to haul prunings. Since, I have three trees, it's $1000 or
more not $400. But, they don't do backyard trees. IOW, I must buy a
small gas chain saw anyway.

I have two electric chainsaws but you don't want cords up there. So, a
small gas chain saw and a ladder, and up I go on the street side where
if it drops I won't hurt anything. I will get help on the house side
cause I'm going to need a rope.