Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.food.cooking,rec.outdoors.rv-travel,sci.electronics.repair,misc.consumers.frugal-living
Eisboch Eisboch is offline

Default NEW: "Ask Mr. Microwave" Blog (for immediate release)

"George" wrote in message

Is it OK to put large quantities of SPAM in a microwave?

Good one.

On the subject of microwaves, I recently learned what you *cannot* do in
them.
I was home alone and decided to raid the refrigerator. I found a big tub of
pre-mixed chocolate chip cookie dough and decided a little snack would be
nice. I didn't want to get involved with firing up the oven and finding
cookie sheets, etc., so I put three tablespoonful globs of the stuff on a
dish and stuck it in the microwave. I did a quick mental calculation ....
meaning I did a wild-assed guess ... and programmed five minutes at 80
percent power. Pushed the start button and went off into another room to do
something.

After about three minutes my dog (Sam Adams) caught my attention by barking
his head off in the kitchen.
I came over to see what his problem was and there was smoke pouring out of
the microwave rapidly filling the room. The stupid cookies had caught fire.
Then the alarm system went off which automatically caused the fire and
police department to call to see if our house was on fire.

Lesson learned.

Eisboch