Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bob Eager Bob Eager is offline

Default B&Q Wind turbines

On Sun, 5 Nov 2006 12:56:56 UTC, "Mary Fisher"
wrote:

As I always used to. It's only two minutes' walk away. Unfortunately,
there are now only two sub-postoffices near here (they closed several
others) and it is now permanently crowded, trying to deal with a
customer load well in excess of its capability. It is a very small shop.
It is just impractical to use it.

I buy stamps at the corner shop (which I do support), and unusual stamp
values (not standard 1st/2nd small letters) online.

Since we use a lot of stamps of various demoninations - now increaded in
umber by the Large Letter ones :-) - we buy a few pounds' worth at a time,
they're in a box in my desk drawer. I have been known to buy special fancy
stamps online because I usually leave it too late for the PO to have any in.

Too many variations - not to mention the price rises screwing up the
stock, necessitatingpurchase of even more denominations.