Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] marks542004@yahoo.com is offline

Default Latex vs Oil based paints

wrote:
I just built some shelves for my study and used a latex paint on the
inside, front, and sides. I just found out that I can't use the latex
paint for the actual shelves. Looking at the posts from other groups
it is recomended that I use an oil base paint so my books... won't
stick to the shelves. Anyway, can you tell me if I'm going to see a
big color difference between the latex if I use the oil base on my
shelves?

I have a painted bookshelf , mainly paperbacks , and I havent had any
problems .

Painted with an interior latex . Allow full drying time , and then
some .