Roy J

Default Bridgeport on Wheels

One shop I worked at had all the 30 ton and smaller mechanical
presses mounted on a base with pallet fork holes. Worked great to
bring one over to a larger machine to do a second op. Always
seemed to be one hole that the bigger machine couldn't get to or
one small hole pattern to hit after the forming op on the brake.

Jon Anderson wrote:

Do you have a pallet jack and room to use it in the shop?
One of my customers mounted a BP sized mill on a steel pallet they had
fabricated locally. Mill was bolted firm to the pallet, pallet had
leveling pads just outboard from the side of the mill base.
Pallet as I recall (they have since sold the machine so I can't go look
or take pics) was two 3/8 steel plates with short lengths of 4" square
tubing spacing them apart enough to allow a pallet jack to pick it from
either the front, back, or sides.
Very nice and stable setup, but not everyone has a pallet jack or
forklift handy...

Jon