Jon Anderson

Default Bridgeport on Wheels

Do you have a pallet jack and room to use it in the shop?
One of my customers mounted a BP sized mill on a steel pallet they had
fabricated locally. Mill was bolted firm to the pallet, pallet had
leveling pads just outboard from the side of the mill base.
Pallet as I recall (they have since sold the machine so I can't go look
or take pics) was two 3/8 steel plates with short lengths of 4" square
tubing spacing them apart enough to allow a pallet jack to pick it from
either the front, back, or sides.
Very nice and stable setup, but not everyone has a pallet jack or
forklift handy...

Jon