Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.frugal-living,misc.consumers.house
Ermalina_Marie Ermalina_Marie is offline

Default Anyone use a snow roof rake?

Walter Cohen wrote:
I live in NY state and had roof ice dam damage in a past year. Ever since
then I've had additional under-eave ventilation vents put in and try to keep
parts of my roof clean (to some degree) of winter snow using a long handled
shovel. My roofer recommended a roof rake with a telescoping handle system.

Can anyone who has used one of these comment on how well it works, what
types/brands are recommended, width of the blade, etc.
They all seem to look similar and are constructed the same. The only
difference that I can see (on the internet) is that they are of varying
widths (blade).

Any assistance / recommendations are appreciated.

Thanks!
Walter

This is the kind of roof rake I have. It works well and the rollers are
important to keep from damaging your shingles. Valleys are a little
tricky but . . .

http://www.epinions.com/pr-Garden_To...splay_~reviews