Posted to alt.home.repair
Proctologically Violated©® Proctologically Violated©® is offline

Default Building permits?

Even a wallpapering job?
--
------

Absolutely Vote, but NOT for a Democrat or a Republican.
Ending Corruption in Congress is the *Single Best Way*
to Materially Improve Your Family's Life.
The Solution is so simple--and inexpensive!

all d'numbuhs

wrote in message
oups.com...

Stubby wrote:
How do I know if I need a building permit? I understand that anything
that will change the footprint on the ground of the house needs a
permit. And if it changes the looks, maybe. Adding a floor would, but
painting would not. If the work is regulated by code (electrical,
plumbing, sewer), yes.

But people in this town have taken out permits for new wall paper. Or
to slip in a replacement window.

Can a town cancel your occupancy permit if you don't comply?

enquire at your town hall, rules vary widely by location.

In my area anything over $1,000 needs a permit.