Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang Tony Hwang is offline

Default Alarm system replacement

Stubby wrote:

Tony Hwang wrote:

Don wrote:

"Stubby" wrote in message
. ..

Can someone tell me what alarm will be best to replace my old one.
The old system is Napco and the motion detectors must be replaced
because they click when anyone walks passed them.

do they still work? clicking bothersome?

All the wires are up in the attic so I plan on reusing them. And
the central controller, battery backup and alarm horns can be
reused. TIA

is there something wrong with the old one? there are many that will
work GE NX systems, Napco, ademco are all good systems. How many
zones does your system have? If battery is a few years old I would
replace it anyway, they are cheap and crucial part of system.

Hi.
Battery! When I looked at one in my house, it all dried up and cracked.
I was getting battery low alarm. Replaced it for 10.00.
If I needed one now, I'd go wireless.

I will replace the battery. But I don't think wireless is the right
direction given that there are wires present. How easy is it to jam a
wireless system?

Hi,
Jammig itse;f will cause an alarm!