Posted to alt.home.repair
EXT EXT is offline

Default Weird wacky wiring question HELP ELECTRICAL PROS!

The best method is to scrap everything that you can do without and rewire
right from the breaker panel to the room and everything in the room with new
wire according to today's code.

Trying to make sense of, and trying to work with butchered old wiring makes
for too much work and problems.

"HeyBub" wrote in message

[...]

Now that I confused everyone...this is what i need to know. Judging by
what I described, which wires are controlling the Knob and tube light?
I am looking for a way i can clip something to one end of the wire and
detect it at the other so i can find out what goes where.

I already have a power wire coming from the basement for the new
bathroom light and as soon as I get this straightened out i can finish
wiring my bathroom. Any help would be greatly greatly appreciated!

Yes, you can get signal injectors that will help you trace the wiring.

Me, I'd just experiment with various wiring permutations until I found one
that worked. Then cover the whole mess with drywall.

But I don't have trouble sleeping (thanks to chemistry).