Posted to rec.woodworking
Charley Charley is offline

Default Finish Nailer Recommendations

There are basically only two types of finish nails available for the common
brands, so it is quite likely that HF nailers will work with one of them.
The two types are the angle collated and straight collated. If the HF nailer
you have chosen has an angled nail cartridge, then you need the angle
collated type DA nails. If it has a nail cartridge that it parallel with the
handle, then it uses the straight collated nails.

Lowes has a chart available that shows which nails work with the common
brands of nailers, but it is sadly incomplete as it doesn't even list my
Porter Cable DA250, which uses the angle collated finish nails. I have
found, however, that it will work fine with all of the angle collated brands
of nails that I've found to be readily available in the BORGs.

--
Charley

"MOP CAP" wrote in message
news:011120061101306482%Pilgrim6nospam@mindspring. com...
In article ,
wrote:

Do the HF nailer use the same nails as the majors? Senco. etc. Are

the nails interchangeable? I looked at one of the HF's and the nail
heads seemed to be rather large for a finshing nails. Or is thius just
the way it is?

Chuck P.